Nandi Hills is a beautiful hill station located on the outskirts of Bangalore, India. It is an ideal destination for tourists and nature lovers who want to enjoy the beauty and serenity of the place. The Nandi Hills is also known as ‘The Land of Gods’ because of its many temples and other places of worship. Most of the residents of this area are either Brahmins or Vaishyas and they believe in God very strongly. The town is known for its scenic beauty and rich cultural heritage.
About the Nandi Hills Trek
Nandi Hills is a hill range in the Western Ghats, which is located in the southern part of Bangalore. The hill ranges are divided into two parts: Nandi Hills and the higher hills. These hills receive heavy rainfall and have a cooler temperature than other parts of Bangalore.
Nandi Hills is a beautiful place in Bangalore. It is located on the banks of river Cauvery, and it is often called the “hill of Nandi”, after the Hindu god Shiva’s mount.
Things to carry
If you are traveling from outside India or abroad, make sure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months from the date of your travel.
Ticket for train/flight
Make sure that it’s valid for at least 30 days from the day of your journey.
If possible, use an ATM card instead of cash whenever possible because it’s safer and easier to withdraw money from ATMs than from bank accounts.
You might want to bring along a camera so that you can capture those moments that you will remember forever!
How to reach?
Nandi Hills can be reached by train or bus from Bangalore city. The railway station is located at Kengeri, which is about 20 kilometers away from Bangalore city. Direct train service between Bangalore and Nandi Hills is available every day except Sundays. The journey takes about 1 hour 30 minutes and costs around Rs 60 for a second class sleeper class ticket, or Rs 120 for a first class air-conditioned seat ticket. A taxi ride from Bangalore’s main railway station will cost around Rs 200 return fare on weekdays, but it may be more expensive on weekends depending on traffic conditions.
Ideal Places to visit there
About Some important point :
- Nandi Hills is located on the banks of river Cauvery, and it is often called the “hill of Nandi”, after the Hindu god Shiva’s mount.
- The trip starts with a visit to the famous Shiva temple, which has been built on top of a hill overlooking the city. The temple is famous for its architecture and sculptures, and it has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- After seeing the temple, you can take a ride around town on a horse cart. You will see many other temples and landmarks along your way, including Chikpet Lake and Bommarillu Park.
- Once back at your hotel in Nandi Hills, there are several ways to spend your time before dinner at nightfall: you can visit any number of restaurants in town or go shopping at one of many local markets where food stalls sell everything from fruits to spices to yarns made from coconut husks!
- On the last day of your trip to Nandi Hills, you will visit the Hindu temples at the top of this hill. You will also have time to relax and enjoy the view, which is why we recommend that you book a spa treatment.
Best time to track Nandi Hills
The best time to track in Nandi Hills is in November, December, January, and February. As these months are cooler than summer, there is less humidity during this period. If you are visiting during this period, you will be able to spot many species of birds including the Indian Blue Flycatcher, Blue-throated Kingfisher, etc. Nandi Hills is a popular hill station in Bangalore, India. It is located in the northern part of Bangalore and is surrounded by many other hills
The best time to track in this hill range will be early morning when the temperature is still cool and there are not many people around. You can also go hiking during the evening when it is cooler.
Traveling to Nandi Hills is an experience that you will never forget. The trip consists of a lot of sights and places to visit, but it’s not all about the sightseeing. There are some important things to carry while traveling to Nandi Hills and here are some tips on what you should be carrying with you while going there.
The town lies 25 km from Mysore city and is easily accessible by road and rail. Nandi Hills is surrounded by tea gardens and coffee estates, which are popular tourist attractions. There are also several other places of interest such as archaeological sites, temples, waterfalls, etc.